Friday, October 18, 2013

An Introduction to the Wandering Archives

The Wandering Archives is a collection of my blog posts from the old Wandering Army site.  Wandering Army was an online literary journal run by Marc Brush, which was was in operation from 2002 to 2008.  It posted submissions from quite a few writers, but unfortunately the site no longer exists, having been removed from the internet in early 2009.  I wrote numerous posts for the site's blog from 2006 to 2008.  I also held a title as some kind of editor, though I never actually did any editing.

Items will be posted here in the order in which they were originally posted on Wandering Army, with the dates of posting and the titles which Marc gave to the posts.  (For some of the later posts I don't have a record of the titles or the exact posting dates.)  For the most part, everything will be the same as it was on Wandering Army.  Links that Marc added to the text will not be present, nor will the random photos that he put in as headers.  Any links that I put in which have since died will not be present (though they may be replaced by other, similar links). And in some cases where Marc did some slight editing of the text I may restore it to the original version.

Wandering Army was my first experience in blogging.  It inspired me to start my own blog, Scaly Distractions, which has been active since 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment